Value: 3,527,795 USD
Location: Molepolole, Botswana, 2009
Main Contractor: Caitec Botswana
Project Manager: Mosienyane and Partners International
Consultant: KVN Consulting Engineers
Client: Ministry Infrastructure, Science and Technology
Scope of work covered:
- State on the art buildings
- Library with basement and 4 floors.
- 2 floors Administration with 156 seater Conference Auditorium.
- 600 seater main auditorium (400 lower and 200 higher level),.
- 2 No. Academic Blocks, 2 floors each for Nursing Science, Public Health, Behavioural Science with Computer Centre.
- Multi Purpose Hall with basketball court and a seating capacity of 435.
- 2 floors Student Union including a canteen.
- 4 No. Hostels 3 floors each, 2 floors Maintenance Building with a ground plant room housing 4 Chillers (2 supply chilled water and 2 supply heating water) incl. tanks for fire and domestic water, pump sets for sprinklers, fire, and chillers.
- Laundry, and Boiler House Buildings.
- All the pipes from this plant room to buildings run inside an underground service tunnel and enter buildings through service ducts ensuring pipes are not visible.
- The chilled water system is 4 pipe supplying equipment such as Air Handling Units, Hideaway Units, and Ceiling Cassettes.